App & Analysis Software
The vision of this project is to assist forest officials for tree census by tagging each tree with proper location (latitude and longitude), tree type, and other arguments. There is a future plan to apply data analysis over the collected data.
This project is based on:
- Flutter-based app: In this app, the user can tag the tree by locating or going to the exact location and then feeding the latitude and longitude details along with the other parameters. Once the data is stored, it will generate a unique key and a QR code for the same, so that later on we can refer to that tree by that code itself.
- A data analysis system with a Web App interface to the collected data and apply a machine learning model for prediction of different parameters.
- Digital transformation of maintaining the records of forest trees.
- QR code generation for unique identification of every tree.
- Data storage, which can be maintained easily over cloud storage or even local storage.
- Can help in analyzing the various aspects regarding trees; diversity, age, height, growth, and much more.
- Predicting certain arguments based on data collected.
For setting up the project in local PC
Watch the tutorial Trees Tagging App or follow the steps given below:
- Make sure you have got flutter (including the command-line tool) and Android Studio installed.
- Open Android Studio and select 'Import from version control' and enter the repo's git URL.
- Navigate to any file which shows 'Missing class' errors, and click on the 'Get dependencies' button on the yellow ribbon at the top.
The repo's codebase is now setup on your local machine, and you can make changes and push them to the git repo.